Descripción general del trabajo
Commercial Rating & Underwriting (CRU) sits within the Credit and Fraud Risk (CFR) and forms the institutional credit risk management function within American Express.
The CRU team plays the critical role of assessing and managing the risk of institutional exposures across all business units within American Express, and in all regions globally. Credit exposures are primarily generated through corporate and small business card programs, via merchant service relationships where non-delivery risk exists, and among the securities portfolio held for firm-wide liquidity.
CRU is led from Salt Lake City with regional teams in New York, London, Singapore and Sydney. In addition to determining the internal credit rating which drives the probability of default of each exposure.
CRU also calculates the loss given default of these obligors while underwriting card programs. As a bank holding company, American Express must comply with the highest global banking standards set by Basel and implemented by the bank’s primarily regulatory, the Federal Reserve. Job Responsibilities Managers in CRU are responsible for managing a portfolio of company’s assigned by industry, rating and underwriting credit exposures in their assigned region, industry, and business line. Fundamental analysis incorporates a thorough review of business, financial, industry and country risk coupled with support from internal and external rating model outputs.
Assessment includes understanding of the need for credit extension, profitability of the relationship and program structures. CRU managers interact with various constituents across the firm including front office sales, business unit risk partners, and credit administration to perform their critical role.
Thorough understanding of fundamental financial analysis, including the ability to review corporate financial statements to determine the ability of the obligor to honor its credit obligations
- Comfort with GAAP/IFRS accounting standards, corporate valuation, and forecasting
- Knowledge of how probability of default and loss given default determine economic capital
- Experience in determining appropriate credit capacity, structuring of facilities, and risk mitigation techniques
- Familiarity with quantitative credit models (such as Moody’s RiskCalc, CreditEdge, etc.) and knowledge of how to interpret the outputs, and when deviation from the model has appropriate defense
- Comfort with public agency ratings and supporting analysis
- Understanding of current macroeconomic trends and how to provide recommendations to improve the PD estimation based on the business cycle
- Experience preparing company-specific and industry-wide credit memorandums
- Excellent judgment in making sound rating and underwriting decisions to maximize profitability and mitigate risk
- Familiarity with banking regulations, particularly those imposed by Basel Committee on Banking Supervision
- Familiarity with global markets (foreign language ability a plus)
Specific industry expertise in travel (airlines, cruise lines, hospitality), financial institutions, or public finance
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Minimum 4 years of experience rating and/or underwriting at a leading financial institution or rating agency preferred
Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university with high GPA and a degree (or substantial coursework) in finance, accounting, economics, or statistics required
Graduate degree with a finance or business emphasis, or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, is a preferred
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 29, 2020, 10:00:24 PM
Detalles del trabajo
Salario ofrecido50,000€ +
ExperienciaMenos de 1 año
Trabajos relacionados (5)
Profesional i dpto. tecnología leasing – davivienda – bogotá. incluido hace 28 abril, 2020 Tiempo completo
Empleo de Asesor Comercial Call Center sector financiero incluido hace 29 abril, 2020 Temporal